"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Environmental Policy Statement
Beacon Security & Communications Limited (Beacon) is committed to protecting the environment. And will endeavour to only utilise such materials and technologies which are as friendly to the environment as reasonably practicable. We recognise, however, that in our day to day operations we inevitably impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible. Beacon is committed to minimising the impact of our operations, products and services on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement and we shall:
Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Meet and, where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all legislation – where no regulation exists we shall set our own high standards
- Prevent pollution and seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner
- Manage energy wisely in all our operations
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues
- Work with our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through quality purchasing and using sustainable resources wherever possible
- Ensure that we remain fully updated and implement changes in environmental legislation and best practices
- Regularly review company objectives and targets to encourage environmental improvements
- Regularly review our Aspects and Impacts on the Environment
Protection of the environment is a key element of our business planning strategy. Beacon is committed to continual improvement of environmental performance. This Policy will be communicated to all staff, suppliers and will be available for the public to view. To enhance our ongoing commitment to the environment, we have developed a comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS) which is compliant to BS EN ISO 14001:2004.
Date: 11 July 2013